Happy New Year everyone! I haven’t posted on my blog in a couple of months. Not because I haven’t been reading, but because of my workload and all the academic milestones I’m trying to complete.
I read 24 books last year, which doesn’t seem like a lot for some people, but with my workload, 24 seemed like a herculean task. In the spirit of the new year, and to keep myself accountable, I’d like to share my reading goals with you all.
1. Read at least 25 African books – I know it was a struggle for me to read 24 books last year. There are so many books out there that I’d love to explore, both fiction and non-fiction. I have some free time during the summer. I plan to spend that time basking in the sun, with some amazing books.
2. Write more book reviews! – I wrote a good chunk of book reviews in 2019. A lot of them stayed in my drafts folder, some of them were posted on goodreads. I want to write and share more.
3. Have 1 blog post per month on the blog – I’d like to be more consistent with my blog posts. In 2019, I had 6 blog posts in one month, and then no blog posts for 4 months. I want to limit myself to something that is realistic to my current situation, so I can consistently write better reviews (and book-related commentaries).
4. Finish reading the books on my bookshelf – I’m one of those people who buys a book, and then abandons it when a shinier, more exciting one comes along. I have 8 unread novels, that I was gifted by various wonderful people in my life. I’d like to give them the courtesy of reading those books before the year is up.
5. Seek out more recommendations – My favourite books last year were recommended by friends and nice people on the internet. I want to be more open to all the great reads the world has to offer. So recommend books to me, I’m all ears!
These are my reading intentions. Let’s see how the year goes. I hope everyone is having a blissful year so far. What are your reading goals? Let me know in the comments 🙂.