Hello! My name is Ayooluwa and I love to read. I especially enjoy African Literature.
To me, African Literature includes novels, short stories, plays and poems that express African stories or are written by people of African lineage – this definition might be different for someone else.
Aside from African Literature, I enjoy non-fiction written by celebrities, and books that have movies (yes, including Harry Potter).
I created this blog to share my thoughts on my current reads, and find a community of people who love reading as much as I do.
Here are 5 fun facts about me:
- My favourite ice cream flavour is Baskin Robbins’ Rainbow Sherbet. I’ve loved it since I was 3 years old #committed
- I would love to travel around Europe in the future
- I am a terrible dancer (and singer) so I avoid doing both in public. But any song by Aṣa or Beyoncé would get me on the dance floor, belting out lyrics in a heartbeat
- I have 3 siblings and more cousins than I can count. They are very annoying, and I love them fiercely
- My favourite author is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I’ve read all her books, and a lot of her short stories. I would read anything she writes and you’ll see me gush about her multiple times on this blog.
Now that you know me, tell me about you. Leave a comment, let’s get the conversation going! What are your favourite books of all time?